If you are an employer looking to increase your return on investment and boost employee morale and productivity, our corporate wellness program at Axon Health Associates can help. With our wellness program, you can achieve your company goals, retain satisfied employees, maximize productivity, and improve overall health, in all aspects of mind, body, and spirit.
What Is Corporate Wellness?
Corporate wellness, also known as ‘corporate well-being,’ is a broad range of things an organization does to encourage, promote and support healthy behavior in the workplace. The aim is to foster a health-conscious corporate culture to improve productivity, and health outcomes, optimize human resource investments, and enhance employee engagement.
Corporate Wellness in Manhattan
Wellness combines many aspects of health, including emotional, spiritual, and social aspects. Wellness is a continuous process and is best achieved through a preventative approach. Creating a balance in all aspects of health can depend on the employees’ work environment.
Our corporate wellness programs at Axon Health Associates include:
Corporate Wellness Events
We are passionate about educating employees about health and wellness to improve their productivity, prevent illnesses and injuries, and improve their mental well-being. Our wellness experts offer various topics on ergonomic workshops, weight loss, nutritional counseling, stress management, exercise (workstation stretches), pain prevention and alleviation techniques, spinal and orthopedic health, sports wellness, and healthy sleep techniques.
We have a holistic approach to our health and wellness events consisting of different healthcare practitioners and services from chiropractors, nutritionists, podiatrists, pain and stress management, flu shots, ergonomics counseling, and so much more.
Our therapeutic and tension-relieving massages are tailored to your company’s personality and employee needs. Every employee can enjoy 10-minute slots and ensure we do not disrupt their work activities.
Poor ergonomics lead to physical stress and low productivity. We perform a comprehensive assessment and evaluation of every employee at their workstation, like how they sit or look at the computer. Our ergonomic expert will then be able to create individualized advice on how to improve your worker’s health, well-being, safety, comfort, and productivity.
Our sports medicine doctor has years of experience and extensive knowledge in sports therapy, prevention of sports-related injuries, and treatment. We work with other healthcare providers to ensure compressive care for various athletes, such as nutritionists, physical therapists, massage therapists, chiropractors, acupuncture experts, and podiatrists.
Chiropractic & Physical Therapy
Gentle spinal adjustments and exercises to improve spinal health, prevent injuries, and improve the overall health of your employees. Our licensed chiropractors and physical therapists provide on and off-site services tailored for your employee’s needs.
Corporate Wellness Programs
Corporate wellness programs and implementations involve various activities such as health education, medical screening, weight management programs, and on-site fitness facilities or programs.
Wellness solution programs can benefit employers by:
- Reducing injuries
- Lower absenteeism
- Increasing employee productivity or output
- Reducing health care costs
- Lowering workers’ compensation and disability-related expenses
- Cost cutting on hiring new employees
- Increased employee participation, morale, and loyalty
Employee well-being cannot be over-emphasized because it is an organization’s most valuable asset. With the ever-increasing health insurance costs, employers should implement a well-thought program that benefits both employees’ health and employers’ bottom line. Implementation of this program will include:
The first critical step is obtaining the workforce’s health information and the organization’s willingness to design programs and services based on this information. This information can be obtained by:
- Conducting direct employee surveys to evaluate personal needs and wellness interests. This will also help in gauging how the program will be received.
- Conduct an employee health risk assessment to help you determine which programs are suitable.
- Do an organizational assessment to determine which types of wellness programs to offer.
- Conduct general environmental audits and evaluate health culture in the workplace.
- Review group health plan utilization rates, both pharmaceutical and medical.
Obtain support from management
Support from throughout the management is essential for approving policies, linking the health promotion objectives, and providing assistance. Questions to be addressed in helping to obtain senior management support include:
- How will the wellness initiative support the organization’s short and long-term strategic priorities?
- What are the potential value and benefits of wellness initiative promotion?
- What are the leadership styles, pressures, strengths, and weaknesses of the senior-level executives to determine the method of presentation?
Establishing a wellness committee
After carrying out a needs assessment and obtaining management support, the employer can create an internal employee-driven committee to help build and sustain a wellness culture in the organization. The responsibilities of the wellness committee may include:
- Assessing employee needs and preferences
- Building organizational support and effectiveness
- Evaluating the current policies, programs, and services that are available in the workplace
- Develop a vision statement
- Set goals and objectives
- Make a health promotion plan and assist in implementing, monitoring, and evaluating wellness activities.
The employer will also develop goals and objectives for the program, including lowering absenteeism and boosting worker productivity and retention.
Establish a budget
When creating a wellness budget, organizations should consider and include promotional materials, pedometers/fitness trackers, screening vendors, incentives for participation, HR representative, and committee member time. Employers may also want to consider looking for hidden funding resources and may take the following steps:
- Conduct surveys to determine if employees would be willing to pay for certain aspects of the wellness program, such as exercise classes or yoga.
- Partner with health insurance carriers for wellness components in the health insurance premiums.
- Research free community programs or resources to supplement the wellness programs.
- Consider implementing low-or no-cost internal activities like a lunch walking group.
Design a wellness program
This will be majorly determined by the company’s desired involvement in the wellness initiative, and common programs may include:
- Weight loss programs
- Stress reduction programs
- Health screenings
- Health risk assessment
- Smoking cessation programs
- Exercise activities, and programs
- Nutritional education
- Vaccination clinics
Choose wellness program rewards and incentives
This is an effective tool for changing behavior to increase participation and help individuals to finish the program. Effective incentives will be commensurate with the effort required to practice the desired behavior.
Communicate the wellness plan
This can be done using techniques such as:
- An attention-generating program rollout
- Multiple avenues of communication like fliers, emails, and presentations
- A wellness slogan and logo for various components of the program
- Wellness education based on sound research
- Visible endorsement and participation by upper management
- Keeping the message updated with new information
Evaluate the success of the program
Evaluating the program’s effectiveness in sustaining management and employee support is crucial. Employers should have established metrics such as;
- Participation rate
- Program completion rate
- Reduction in health care cost
- Percentage of employees who lost weight or stopped smoking
Corporate wellness has numerous employee benefits, such as shorter hospital stays, fewer admissions, satisfied and happier employees, improved productivity, and boosted employee morale. Your employees will be glad that you care about their well-being.
Contact Axon Health Associates today, and let us begin this exciting journey or schedule an appointment online.